Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Game: Half Life 2 - Episode 2

Wow.

Half Life blew me away, again. I finished the game in one big long marathon session. Twice. The second time with the developers' commentary enabled - which I still love.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I found the ending completely unexpected and fantastic. Also, Merle Dandridge's voice acting (Alyx) was incredible. When the credits rolled over my screen I just wanted to play Ep. 3 immediately. The game itself was great, with the return of old friends, and the introduction of new friends - and new enemies.

Just like episode 1, the game provides you with a companion (either Alyx or a Vortigaunt) most of the time.

Maybe I'll play Half Life 2, Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 in one big sitting soon...

Pros:
  • Story is great!
  • Characters to love.
  • Great voice acting.
  • Graphics are enhanced and still look amazing.
  • Cinematic physics - so cool.
  • Longer than the first episode.
  • Great sound track.

Cons:
  • Err, none?
  • Okay, maybe still too short ;).
  • Also: no new real weapons, I would love to handle a sniper myself (instead of the crossbow).
  • You might lose some sleep.